Jenny's Birthday Wish

Update: Wow the response has been phenomenal! This blog post has had 724 views since posted on Oct 4, and I've received 16 gorgeous donations.  What a treat! I've also received so many kind words and support from friends, family, and strangers in the ME/CFS community.  What a brilliant birthday this has been, thank you everybody!!!! More sketches to come!!


Thursday, October 11 is my 28th Birthday. This year I have a special wish that I hope you will help me grant.  I explain in this video =D






My birthday wish is simple... I just want to share my story with the people in my life so that a little bit more understanding about my journey and ME/CFS in general gets out there.  My wish would be that if any person has to explain to a friend or family that they have ME/CFS the response in return will be that of at least a little glimmer of knowing and understanding, instead of perhaps jokes about yuppie flu or prescriptions being written for weight lifting exercises to help with energy (yes, both of these happened to me!) A lot of my friends have expressed a real desire to help me out but don't know how, so I've set up a pay pal button below for small donations in lieu of gifts and cards this year for anyone who wishes to contribute in this way.

You will be helping me pay off medical and living expenses I've been slowly paying off as I can over the last two years, accrued as I have been doing my very best to get healthy and work despite extremely debilitating ME/CFS.  Everyone who donates to help me kickstart my life will get a thank you doodle.

If you choose to order a piece of custom artwork (through my website) please note that return times will be variable. I have been extremely blessed with my freelance career and often times have more work than I am able to complete in a timely manner due to my health limitations.  My lack of income has enormously more to do with the time I am able to spend working than it is about the work I am able to get.  Having said that, I absolutely love doing small commission pieces and really look forward to working on yours. All work will be submitted to you digitally, and of course you may print in any way you choose. See a sample of some different options here or email me for a custom price.



Birthday Gift

More Information:

What is CFIDS/ ME?  CFIDS Association of America looks to answer that question...
See Research1st for more on the current medical research on ME/CFS.


Here is a concise and extremely vivid picture of what life is like with ME/CFS.

Where I'm getting help, The Optimum Health Clinic 


More on my Journey through this Blog:

June 2010 4 Years with ME/CFS (Includes the Origin story)

April 2010 Down for the Count

Aug 2010 The Noble Truth of Suffering 

June 2011 A Little PSA

Aug 2011 5 Years on...

Aug 2012 The Daily Weeks of a Sick Girl


Thank you to my gift givers!!! <3  Click each for a larger look at their thank you doodles!






























Please use the comments below for any questions, advice, comments, worries, wishes, conversations, debates, birthday prayers hugs and kisses, or sparkle rainbow unicorn droppings.  I am more than happy to engage in conversation or discussion or answer any nagging ponderings you may have.

Comments

  1. LePetitDoodler asks:

    lepetitdoodlerOctober 6, 2012 10:34 PM
    What do your treatments entail?

    So happy to read about your improvements!
    KEEP IT UP!!!

    Reply
    Replies

    Jenny ShermanOctober 7, 2012 3:11 AM
    Good question! The OHC works on a full mind-body life style so that your body is in the optimum state for healing. I have a nutritionist and something like a psychology therapist. Nutrition wise I had to cut out anything that made my body work hard, sugar, coffee, most breads, alcohol, anything processed or not coming from a garden or farm! It was really challenging at first but completely changed the way I think about food now. I'm not 100% strict but I got over my sugar and caffeine addictions and have a need for fresh food now. In addition to that I was taking about 20 different highly custom supplements, but have had to stop taking them as I cannot afford them.

    The psychology department works to help you create a state of as little stress as possible since excess cortisone, adrenaline, and an overactive central nervous system are symptoms of CFS. Basically our bodies are stuck on "fight or flight" mode, as the brain stem and nervous system are affected by the illness (not as a psychological response), but understanding and being witness to our psychological responses help patients choose to be something other than their thoughts, including choosing to have an experience outside of physical pain, not getting emotionally and psychologically identified with our physical illness since it can cause depression to constantly live in such a state. Through meditation, study of psychology, spirituality, community, social relationships, and all those other aspects of mind body, the idea is to be as educated as possible in the best ways to take care of ourselves, and a lot of that has to do with un-learning the psychology that we somehow aren't worth taking care of ourselves the way we should.

    In addition to the nutrition and psychology, yoga has been an integral part of my physical body pain management and strength, and spirituality (in an incredibly broad sense!!!) has helped me past the limitations of my day to day living and see a bigger picture of a life still full of gratitude and beauty.

    Thus the OHC provides one on one sessions plus hundreds of hours of education and training on health, psychology, and ME/CFS in general with the idea that what ever the cause of ME/CFS, we can create a healing state in the body that will allow us to recover.

    Thanks for asking!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts